To route the incoming email for your domain through the SpamExperts email filtering you will have to change your MX records.
Removal of the old MX records is required, in order to make sure that all the emails are filtered through the SpamExperts incoming email filtering, and not through different MX records (such as with the highest numbered priority) to bypass spam filters.
How to Set up SpamExperts MX Records
If your domain name is using our name servers, please follow the steps below:
1) Log into cPanel for the account you wish to make the changes to.
2) Click the Zone Editor link under the Domains section.
3) Click Manage button for the domain you wish to modify the MX records from the list.
4) Remove all the existing MX records.
5) Click on + Add Record button and select Add MX Record from the list.
6) Add the following MX records, one by one:
- mx.spamexperts.com (Priority 10)
- fallbackmx.spamexperts.eu (Priority 20)
- lastmx.spamexperts.net (Priority 30)
Please have the screenshots below as a reference on how you should add each MX record.
That’s it. Now that you have added the MX records, you will need to allow it a few minutes for the DNS to be fully propagated.
Your emails will now pass through the SpamExperts incoming email filtering. Incoming emails are securely analyzed and scanned in real time. No training or configurations are required and everything works out of the box. Any message detected as spam is moved to the quarantine, while non-spam is sent to your email server.
No more wasted time in dealing with spam, simply focus your energy on business tasks, while you remain in full control.