In this article, we will show you how to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to ChemiCloud, this is a pretty straightforward process and will only take you a few minutes to get the ball rolling.
There are a few things you should do before you initiate the transfer process of your domain just to make sure the entire process will go smooth.
1) Before you initiate the transfer of a domain from GoDaddy please check the following:
Make sure your domain doesn’t have Whois Privacy Protection enabled if it does please disable it during the transfer period. This can easily be done from your GoDaddy account by following these steps:
a) Login to your GoDaddy account and at the top of the page, hover over the Hi, Customer (your name) drop-down menu and click Visit My Account.
b) Click on the Manage button located next to your domain.
c) Scroll down to the Contact Information section and click the Remove Privacy link, then select Yes, Remove Privacy.
Now that the Whois Privacy Protection service is removed you should be able to see your domain Contact Information, please make sure that the information is correct and that you have access to the email account listed here.
In case this information is outdated please click n the Edit link located right under the information to update it.
2) Unlock your domain
a) In the same Domain Settings section look for the Additional Settings and make sure that the Domain lock is set to OFF.
3) Get the domain Authorization Code.
Just click on the Get authorization code link located next to the Domain Lock and the code will be sent to the Registrant email address of your domain. You will need this later when you request the transfer, so keep it close.
Just to recap what needs to be done before the domain transfer is initiated:
- Whois Privacy Protection
- Unlock the domain
- Request the authorization code(EPP code)
- Please note that there is a 60 day period after registering or transferring a domain name in which you are unable to transfer the domain. This rule is implemented by ICANN, the organization that governs domain registrations. You can find more information about this policy on ICANN’s website: Policy on Transfer of Registrations between Registrars.
The hard part is done, we only have a few more steps to complete the domain transfer. To get started please:
1) Please login to your ChemiCloud here
2) Go to My Domains section of your lab’s dashboard and then click the Transfer domain to us button. Or you can simply click here.
3) Enter the domain name you wish to transfer to ChemiCloud and click Transfer button. Once you have the confirmation that domain can be transferred to us, click Continue.
4) Enter the domain Transfer Authorization Code (EPP) in the appropriate text field. This code was sent by Godaddy to the domain registrant email account.
If you would like to hide the Domain Registrant details please make sure to check the box in from on “ID Protection”. Privacy Protection hides your personal information from public view. Without privacy protection, your physical address, phone number, email address, and other personal information are accessible to anyone on the internet.
The domain transfer fee will extend the current domain expiration date by 1 year.
5) You will be asked if you require hosting as well. Click the Continue button to finalize only the domain transfer, without hosting.
6)Click the Checkout button to send your domain transfer request.